In the whole text the masculine form is used for persons of both genders.
• Middle Distance Quadrathlon Worldcup – 1,500m swim, 40km road bike, 8km kayak, 10km run
• Registered competition of the World Quadrathlon Federation (WQF)
• The competition takes place on August 16th, 2014.
• Start, finish and race office are situated in Wolsztyn/Wielkopolska/Poland.
ROXX Sport M. & P. Nonn
ul. 5-Stycznia 49
Tel: +48-68 346 42 67 (Polish), +48-51 85 85 086 (German, Polish), +48-502 475 476 (English, German, Polish)
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
• According to the WQF Sport Order the competition is open to all persons aged 18 years and older on August 16th, 2014. Each athlete himself is responsible for competing in a healthy and physically well-trained condition only.
• Taking part in the event we are sportsmen, and we are fair! With his signature the participant confirms that he is taking part in the competition at his own risk and responsibility. The participant accepts the Sport Order of the WQF (World Quadrathlon Federation) in their current legal form http://www.quadrathlon.com/rules/WQF-Sport-Order.pdf
• All competitions are carried out as draft-illegal races.
• Road Traffic Regulations apply.
• In the case of technical problems on the bike course the athlete has to clear the road not to constrain or endanger other competitors.
• Participation in the pre-race briefing (will be held in English) is mandatory. Protest and appeals, which result from not attending the race-briefing or lack of knowledge of Rules and Regulations or Conditions for Participation will generally be rejected.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
All participants are responsible for their own safety and hereby assert that they are covered by an adequate statutory third party liability insurance against personal injuries and damage to property issued by an insurance institution authorised in Poland as well as by a valid health insurance. Under no circumstances shall the organizers, providers, or sponsors be liable for any injuries or damages suffered or caused by the participant. Participants give their express consent that they assume all risks arising out of or in any way connected with taking part in this event and will not make any claims against persons, institutions, or companies that carry out or have carried out this event.
RESIGNING FROM THE RACE
Participants who decide to resign from the race for whatever reasons shall immediately inform the organizer (control points, race marshals, or race office) and give back the transponder (timing-chip) at the race office.
Participants shall be liable for any costs the organiser incurs for them not resigning from the race according to the rules (e.g. search operations, replacement of transponder etc.).
TIME LIMITS (cut-off)
- swim leg max. 1h
- bike leg max. 2h
- kayak leg max. 1.5h
- run leg max. 1.5h
- total race max. 6h
Masters 40 (1974-1965)
Masters 50 (1964-1955)
Masters 60 (1954-1944)
• After filling in the registration form on the organizer´s website http://www.PolskaMan.pl and paying the registration fee the participant is put on the participant list. Decisive for the date of registration is the registration fee´s receipt in the organizer´s bank account. Any transaction fees have to be covered by the originator (OUR-transfer).
• During the registration you are asked to give your shirt size (S, M, L, XL), some facts about yourself (nice experience, funny story etc.) and a photo, so we can present you during the race.
• The number of participants is limited to 50 athletes.
• Unless the limit of participants is exceeded earlier, registration ends on July 31st, 2014.
• Transfers of starting places are possible until the end of the registration period (July 31st, 2014) for a fee of EUR 12,-.
Registration fees shall be paid in Euro into the following bank account:
IBAN: AT85 1420 0200 1078 7816
Account holder: Mag. Peter Nonn
• EUR 50,- until December 31st, 2013
• EUR 55,- until July 31st, 2014
Note: Registration fees are non-refundable! Registration fees paid in too late and possible transfer fees will be reinvoiced and charged.
The date of receipt in the organizer´s bank account is considered as the date of payment. Personal collection of the race bags is only possible on August 15th, 2014 in the race office. Quadrathletes may also collect their race bags on August 16th, 2014 from 09.00-11.30h.
Cash or material prizes for the day´s best times (1st-3rd place) in the overall ranking female and male, respectively as well as certificates for age groups.
Every participant receives a starter package, every finisher obtains a finisher package (medal, finisher present etc.).
In addition to this a lot of other prices will be raffled out between all present participants who have finished the race compliant with the rules.
• Official race results will be published placing a link on the organizer´s website http://www.PolskaMan.pl.
• The competition will be carried out not regarding weather conditions. In the event of severe weather conditions, such as thunderstorms, flooding etc. the organizer reserves the right to postpone or suspend the race, change routes, modify distances or cancel the event completely.
• In the finishing area participants will find special catering and refreshment.
• The organizer ensures medical support at any time during the race.
• All disputes arising during the competition shall be settled by the Competition Jury. Protests and appeals against disqualifications and penalties shall be filed in written form only to the chief referee no longer than 30 minutes after finishing the race. Appeals have to be signed by the appellant and will be accompanied by a fee of PLN 175,-, which will be refunded, if the appeal is successful. If the appeal is denied, there will be no refund, and the money will be retained by the organizer.
• Prices can be collected during the award ceremony on August 17th, 2014 only.
• The organizer reserves the right to alter the rules and regulations concerning the race proceedings at any given time.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND PRIVACY
• The participants´ personal data will only be used for organising and advertising the event PolskaMan.
• The participants´ personal data are proceeded and used according to the law on the protection of personal data of Aug. 29th, 1997 (Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr. 101 poz. 926). Administrator of the personal data is the organizer.
• The participant is entitled to inspect his personal data filed and to have it revised.
• Filling in the registration form the participant
- confirms that the information provided is true and accurate,
- consents to the use of photos, films and interviews with him,
- grants the organizer the right to use such recordings for his as well as sponsor´s marketing purposes and
- agrees to the publication of race results including personal data via press, radio, televison and other media.
• Without the organizer´s prior written permission the commercial distribution of photos, films, interviews and other media products generated during the event is prohibited.